- • Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- • Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPI Rules”); and
- • Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- You can browse our Platform without telling us who You are or revealing any personal information about Yourself. Once You give us Your personal information, You are not anonymous to us. If You choose to provide us with personal information, You consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our various servers.
- We may collect and store the following personal information:
- - email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information (depending on the service used);
- - transactional information based on Your activities on the Platform (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content You generate or that relates to Your account);
- - postage, billing and other information You provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- - community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Platform, and correspondence sent to us;
- - other information from Your interaction with our Platform, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Platform, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- - additional information we ask You to submit to authenticate Yourself or if we believe You are violating Platform policies (for example, we may ask You to send us an ID or bill to verify Your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify Your identity or ownership of an item You list);
- - information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- - If You choose to buy or sell on the Platform, we collect information about Your buying and selling behavior.
- - If You are a user, we also collect some additional information, such as a billing address, banking information other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
- We don't sell or rent Your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without Your explicit consent. We may combine Your information with information we collect from our group and affiliate companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If You don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate Your preferences in My Shopclues page or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
- Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use Your personal information to:
- - Provide the services and customer support You request;
- - Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- - Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- - Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- - Tell You about our services and those of our corporate family;
- - Send You targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers;
- - Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- - Detect and protect qprime.shopclues.com from error, fraud and other criminal activities;
- - Meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in India.
- Share of Your Information
- We may share your personal information with:
For the avoidance of doubt, If qprime.shopclues.com has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, qprime.shopclues.com reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, qprime.shopclues.com may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if qprime.shopclues.com is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so.qprime.shopclues.com shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against qprime.shopclues.com for such disclosure.
- - Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links(including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- - Third parties giving promotional offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of our users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business Your name and address. If You do not want to receive such offers, please adjust communication preferences in My Shopclues page.
- - Other third parties to whom You explicitly ask us to send Your information (or about whom You are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service)
- - Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
- - Brand Protection Program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, postal code, country, phone number, email address and company name; and
- Using Information from this Platform
- We enable You to share personal information to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, You must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from Your database and a chance to review what information You have collected about them.
- You agree to use user information only for:
- - fulfillment of the transaction through this Platform and purposes related to the transaction;
- - using services offered through this Platform (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
- - other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
- We use "cookies" (small files placed on Your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
- A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- - Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from Your hard drive at the end of a session.
- - You are always free to decline our cookies if Your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with Your use of some of our Platform or services.
- - You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Platform that we do not control. (For example, if You view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
- No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set Your communication preferences in My Shopclues page so we communicate to You as You prefer. You are not licensed to add other users of this Platform, even a user who has purchased an item from You, to Your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report qprime.shopclues.com-related spam or spoof emails to qprime.shopclues.com, please visit the Security & Resolution Center You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send any content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
- Account Protection
- Your password is the key to Your account. Use unique numbers and letters which do not disclose Your password to anyone. If You do share Your password or Your personal information with others, remember that You only are responsible for all actions taken in the name of Your account. If You lose control of Your password, You may lose substantial control over Your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on Your behalf. Therefore, if Your password has been compromised for any reason, You should immediately notify us and change Your password.
- We will never ask for Your password by phone or e-mail, so if You receive such an inquiry, please report the incident to the Security & Resolution Center or the Personal Information Manager.
- If You access our Platform from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about You, such as Your user ID, activity or reminders from the Platform, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after You. To protect Your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, You should log out and close the web browser after using our Platform.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
- You can see, review and change most of Your personal information by signing on to the Platform. Generally, we will not manually modify Your personal information because it is very difficult to verify Your identity remotely. You must promptly update Your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once You make a public posting, You may not be able to change or remove it. Upon Your request to the customer service, we will close Your account and remove Your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on Your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
- Your information is stored on our various servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect Your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. When You place orders or access Your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information You put in before it is sent to us. Once Your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines in compliance with the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000 as well as the international guidelines for protection of data, if applicable. for protecting it against unauthorized access. However, as You probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse Your personal information that they collect from the Platform. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect Your privacy, we do not promise, and You should not expect, that Your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- What about children's privacy?
- Use of shopclues is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If You are under the age of 18, You cannot buy or sell any items on the Platform. If You wish to purchase or sell an item on the Platform such purchase or sale may be made by Your legal guardian or parents who have registered as users of the Platform.
- Third Parties
- If You have any suggestions or complaints, You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Your Consent
- If Your questions are not answered online, You may write to us at: Clues Network Private Limited, 1404-07, 14th Floor, Tower – B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector – 39, Gurugram, Haryana – 122003, India or using the Contact Us form
- Rights and obligations of the data subject and how to exercise them
- The data subject may demand the right to read, correct, delete, and request suspension of processing of personal information from the company at any time. You can request the following address or email address through mail or e-mail, and the company will take action without delay. Requests for correction and deletion of personal information cannot be claimed if personal information is processed based on legitimate interests or if other laws and regulations specify that personal information is collected, and the company has the right to oppose personal information processing on that basis.
- Grievance and Nodal Officer:
- In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance and/ Nodal Officer are published on the shopclues.com Platform in User Agreement which is as follows:
- Mr. Rupinder Grewal
- GIC-Customer Support
- Clues Network Private Limited
- 1404-07, 14th Floor, Tower – B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector – 39, Gurugram, Haryana – 122003, India
- CIN No. -U52590HR2011PTC055841
- E-mail ID -firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite -qprime.shopclues.com